TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY
Management of the injury is directed at the mechanism of injury.The consequences of brain trauma can be fatal. Massive bleeding inside the head may result in a number of neurological changes.
- Monitor vital signs and neurological status as ordered by MD.
- Follow MD orders for IV fluids and pain medication.
- Discuss with family the need for a quiet environment , as this will help for a more restful setting.
- Too much chaos demands more oxygen for an already injured brain.
- Rest for the injured brain is of paramount importance.